Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Almost a Year and a Half

It's been a year-and-a-half since I've written a blog post. I just happened to log on here today because I was bored. I started looking through my past blog posts and couldn't believe how much I used to blog. The posts were a great way to go down memory lane. It is obvious that I used to have so much fun doing it. Therefore, I think I'll try to get back into it.

So much has happened since my last post in May of 2012. At the end of 2011 my husband and I moved to Arizona from Alaska. We purchased a home in Arizona and like it here (most of the time anyway). I am quite surprised at how much I miss Alaska. While I lived there I never imagined I would say, think, or feel that way. I miss the snow and I would much rather be super cold any day than super hot. But Arizona has its perks. Better shopping, more to do, and it's sunny ALL the time. So I hardly ever feel groggy!

In the past year I've also lost almost 30 pounds.  At my heaviest I weighed 174ish pounds. I'm quite proud of myself. I only have about 20 or 25 more pounds left to lose. I can't wait to get there!

Another major achievement of this year is that I've (finally) received my Bachelor of Arts in English.  It was a LONG journey but I'm so proud of myself. I worked my butt off. While I was finishing up this degree, I worked as a Customer Service Representative for State Farm. I realized during this time that what I really want to do with my life is teach. So I quit my job at State Farm and am now attending Rio Salado's teacher preparation program.  Although, I'm quite nervous about becoming a teacher, I'm really, really excited for this.

This year Eric and I also celebrated being together for 7 years, as well as our 5 year wedding anniversary. It was been quite the ride. I have enjoyed every minute of it and I wouldn't change it for the world. He's still my person and I love him more than I ever thought I could. I look forward to many more years with this incredible man I call my husband.

I still struggle with my anxiety. In fact, it's been pretty bad lately. I'm currently seeing a counselor so that I can hopefully avoid having to use medication to help my problems. Most of my anxiety is manifested in the form of hypochondria. I also haven't been honest with my therapist on how bad my anxiety really is. But come Wednesday, I'm definitely going to let my therapist know. I NEED for this therapy to work.

Anyway - I guess that's enough for tonight. Eric and I are going to go walk Chevy and Kahlan. =] 




No comments:

Post a Comment